Kerry is a company director, chairman and advisor, with experience in a wide range of industries and other activities in New Zealand, Australia and elsewhere. He undertakes projects and assignments including enquiries and as an expert witness and adviser.
Kerry initially worked as an economist in New Zealand, Australia and the UK, and was Director of the New Zealand Institute of Economic Research.
He joined Comalco Limited in Melbourne in 1981 as Chief Economist and was a CRA/RioTinto Managing Director from 1983 to 2003, working in a number of countries on operations, projects; and developing high performance in companies - which was a World leading CRA initiative working with McKinseys.
He has been a listed (ASX,NZX,TSX London, New York) company director since 1991 and has been involved with many business, public sector and other activities and organizations in Australia, New Zealand and elsewhere.
New Zealand Executive of the Year, 1996
- Company management and governance, chairing, directing and advising the development and performance of boards, executives and teams.
- High performance ‑ fundamentally improving the performance of businesses, other organisations and people in the short and long term.
- Effective leadership and performance, particularly the roles of the CEO and chairman, people at all levels and teams.
- Thinking, strategy and tactics, innovative game-changing ideas, good solutions to challenging issues
- Decision making, including on complex and very large issues.
- International business, competitiveness.
- Policy - economic, industry, resources, trade, energy etc
- Productivity etc